This is 10-week course ONLINE (from your home) beginning this Thursday, March 7th at 7 pm – 8:30 pm EST
To join, email Deacon John Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
We will learn why understanding the events surrounding the Resurrection are so critical in our lives and deserves study
- Examine the bible verses that compel us to understand and defend our faith
- Appreciate the brilliant thinking and arguments presented by Christ and His followers
- Grasp that our faith is not blind but supported by sound historical evidence
- Realize the consequences for our lives if this never happened
- Contemplate what is life’s meaning and purpose without Christ and His Resurrection
- Listen as intellectually honest atheists respond to meaning of life without God
We will examine how our faith and the bible are historically reliable
- Assess the eyewitnesses and their credibility
- Survey the corroborative evidence
- Examine the chain of custody of the manuscripts throughout the centuries
- Carefully discern the motives and biases of the authors
Finally we will go deep into the Resurrection Accounts
- In-depth study of 1 Corinthians 15
- The Nature of the Resurrection Body
- The Burial of Jesus
- Historical Investigation of the Empty Tomb
- Historical Investigation of the Post-Resurrection Appearances
- Historical Investigation of the Origin of the Christian Faith
- Evaluate many competing theories to explain why Christianity exists
- Understand the Truth of the Resurrection Account
Interested? If so, email Deacon John at email@example.com as soon as possible.
NOTE: This in an ONLINE course that will meet every Thursday night at 7 pm EST starting this week March 7th, Thursday night.
I will be using ZOOM software. It is a very easy download the first time you connect. All you need is a computer, an internet connection, a bible and a quiet place. A headset would be good but not necessary.
Again, if interested email me back soon! Thank you.
Deacon John Howard