Fr. Hans has been mentioning the DOMSE Virtual Retreat for several weeks. This retreat is held via ZOOM.
I realize this is new for people but I encourage everyone to take a look at the talks that are offered (schedule below). Many of them are very good and you will find them informative and useful.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Go to the DOMSE Registration page and follow the instructions or click the blue arrow below:
WHY DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
Since the is a virtual retreat (over the internet and not in person), you will need to use ZOOM, a software program that lets you join the conferences. Once you register, a link will be sent to you that allows you to join the conference. Click the link.
HOW DOES ZOOM WORK? HOW DO I USE IT?
Once you click the link, you will be brought in to the conference if ZOOM ia already installed on your computer. If you do not have ZOOM installed, a small window will open asking if you want to install it. Click “Yes”. Everything will be automatic from there.
WILL THE CONFERENCES BE WORTH MY TIME?
Absolutely. Look over the schedule and choose the talks that interest you.
THE SCHEDULE IS SO SMALL I CAN BARELY READ IT.
Yes, it is. It had to be reduced to fit into the newsletter. Go to the DOMSE registration page to see a larger copy.
Here are some (not all) of the presentations:
- Spiritual Retreat Session 1: (ALL DOMSE) “Unity in the Church, Around the Bishop”
- Workshop 1: (ALL DOMSE) “Reviewing and discussing Blueprints for The Little Church – Creating an Orthodox Home”
- Workshop 2: (Sunday School Teachers/Staff) “Keep the Season Bright: Ideas for Virtual Seasonal and Special Events”
- Workshop 3: (TEENS / ALL DOMSE) “Chanting: For as long as We Have our Being: A practical Introduction to Byzantine Chant”
- Spiritual Retreat Session 2: (ALL DOMSE) “The Orthodox view on the Isolating Pain of Sexual Addiction – Be a Bridge to Recovery”
- Kids Club
- Workshop 4: (Teachers / ALL DOMSE) “Catechesis of the Good Shepherd: He calls them by name”
- Workshop 5: (DOMSE Teens) “Cultivating Resilience when the World Falls Apart”
- Spiritual Retreat Session 4: (ALL DOMSE) “Jesus Wept: Christian Wholeness, Thoughts, and Feelings”
- Workshop 6: (For Men and Young Adults (Male)): “Mentoring young men toward an abundant life in Christ”
- Workshop 7: (For Women and Young Adults (Female)): “Mentoring young women toward an abundant life in Christ”
- DOMSE Trivia
- Workshop 8: (ALL DOMSE) “Orthodox Art: Watercolor Seraphim”
WOW! I NEVER KNEW DOMSE WAS SO ACTIVE! HOW CAN I STAY IN TOUCH?
Easy. Just sign up for the DOMSE Newsletter on the DOMSE website.